About This Blog

Hi. Welcome to my blog! I originally designed this blog to share my experiences in the world of network marketing. If you look back over the posts, you'll see it has evolved over time. I explain the evolution of my blog in the post on niche widening. I decided to leave the old posts so that readers could get a sense of what I was describing in that post. I hope you enjoy my entries. Comments are always welcome, as are e-mails to theameriskeptic@gmail.com.

Saturday, June 5, 2010

The Power of Consistency

"Greatness is doing the simple things consistently every day. Inconsistency is the killer of success." -AmeriSciences leadership.

In the race between the tortoise and the hare, I've always been the hare. I need to work on being the tortoise; or at least a more consistent hare. I guess I'm a product of my environment. Or maybe it's my personality. I've been a very successful hare, mind you, but I believe in the power of consistency. Back to Trump's quote from a past post, people only want what they can see, and they want to spend money on things they can see. I spent money on AmeriSciences because I could see and feel that the products improved my life, and I saw that others had been very successful building wealth in the company. But like many people, I became easily frustrated with the process. I wanted the magic fix--for my life to be transformed overnight. Who doesn't, right? But I know that's not real life, and I bet you do too. The following story illustrates the power of consistency, patience, and small changes in the area of building wealth.

Let's say you were offered 2 options: 3 million dollars, or a magic penny that doubled in value every day for 31 days. Which would you choose? Most people would probably pick the 3 million dollars, because they can see the value in it. But let's take a closer look:

Day             penny option            3 million option
1                  1c                           3 million dollars
5                  16c                         3 million dollars
10                 $5.12                     3 million dollars
If you picked the penny, are you regretting your decision yet? Do you want to throw in the penny?
20                 $5,243                    2.2 million dollars
Probably feeling a little better, but still a long way to go, and only 11 days left!
29                 2.7 million                1.8 million
30                 5.3 million                1.8 million
31                 10,737 million          1.8 million

These numbers are real--feel free to check them out yourself. Even if the 3 million option did not go down (no spending), which choice was better? Would you have ever believed it on day 1? 5? or even 20? The same principal applies to building your business. Once it starts to grow, you build momentum. That's why they say it's harder to go from sponsoring 0 to 10 people than 100 to 1000.      

It's the small steps in life that matter...you just have to take the first step, and the next, and the next. Keep going until you see progress toward whatever your goal is, whether it's in the area of health, wealth, or something else. What steps have you taken toward your goals today?

No comments:

Post a Comment